Saturday, July 27

# now playing

With Arms Wide Open - Creed

I really want to be a good daughter. 

I am blinded by youth, my judgment blurred by infatuation. My mind fails to make a rational and wise decision to choose religion and family over a boy. 

My priorities are based on fleeting emotions. 

Gimme Twice - The Royal Concept

Wasn't it just a problem between the three of us? That it was just he, she and I. 

So much dissatisfaction - they are like dust mites in the air. You wouldn't notice them when you go about your business, your daily routines. But, the times when you have nothing to do, when you just drop your body on the sofa and stare into nothingness, then you'll see them dancing languidly in rays of sunshine. 

No, the picture isn't as pretty and carefree as described. 

What the Water Gave Me - Florence + the Machine

Like a fresh murder case, the tension is like a long-forgotten corpse discovered by unsuspecting individuals. 

But the body is no longer fresh; it is infested with maggots and other organisms that feed on the dead and rotten. Our unhappiness was not gone, but only left aside and turned putrid without us knowing. 

We have always been like that. 

Shelter - The XX

Now, I realise that the damage wasn't just between us. Call it collateral damage, that others will be pulled into this mess as well. 

I guess I bluffed myself into believing that the fault was on her, or on the 'innocent' bystanders themselves. 

I was blind, but now I see. It was me all along. 

I am not the good daughter I thought I am, that I told myself I was. I am terrible. I am so sorry that you couldn't get a better one. 

He and she really deserved better. 

And it may be better that I never existed at all. 

No comments: